2019 Summer Events in Downtown Rochester
It's almost time for one of our favorite seasons of the year! We love working and playing in Downtown Rochester - what an incredible community! As the spring moves to summer, downtown Rochester never fails to put on a series of great events. Here's a list of some of the incredible things Downtown Rochester is doing as we approach summer!
1. DOWNTOWN ROCHESTER FARMERS' MARKET - Open every Saturday, May - October, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. The Downtown Rochester Farmers' Market is a great place to buy an awesome selection of veggies, fruits, flowers, baked goods, meats, eggs, local honey, locally roasted coffee, and much more! It is located on the corner of E. Third and Water Street, one block east of Main Street.
2. ROCHESTER HOMETOWN PICNIC & PIES - Saturday, June 15 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Grab the family, pack your picnic basket and join us for an afternoon of old-school community fun. Activities include a bike parade, picnic games, live entertainment, and a pie baking contest & tasting.
3. JUNK IN THE TRUNK - Saturday, June 22 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Back by popular demand! Fill your trunk with crafts, collectibles and curiosities to sell in downtown for the return of Junk in the Trunk! See details for participation here.
4. SIDEWALK SALES - Thursday, July 11 and Friday, July 12 from 10 am – 9 pm and Saturday, July 13 from 10 am – 6 pm. Nothing says summer in Downtown Rochester quite like Sidewalk Sales! Come check out the awesome assembly of bargains from Downtown Rochester merchants. Sidewalk Sale displays will be located along Main Street and side streets in Downtown Rochester.
5. ROCHESTER EXPLORER'S CLUB - Thursday, July 11– Saturday, August 3. "Join the adventure this summer with the Rochester Explorers Club! Kids of all ages are invited to get outdoors and explore everything that Rochester has to offer. Kids can pick up their free Explorers Club Kit during Sidewalk Sales, July 11 - 13 at the DDA Information Booth, located at the corner of Fourth & Main. The Kit will include the Official Adventure Guide, with over 30 activities to choose from. Complete each activity and bring proof to the sponsoring Explorer Station to receive a special activity badge, unique to that activity. Explorers will have from July 11 – August 3 to complete their activities."
6. DANCIN’ IN THE STREET - Friday, July 12, from 6-10 p.m. on W. Fourth Street. Bring the whole family to enjoy live music featuring the band SpaceCat, as well as a TasteFest from local Rochester eateries and more!
7. MOVIES IN THE MOONLIGHT - Saturdays, July 13, 20, 27 & August 3 from 8:00 – 11:00 p.m. Movies in the Moonlight is located in the parking lot at the corner of E. Third & Water, one block east of Main. Featured movies begin at dusk (approximately 9:15 p.m.). Admission is free, so arrive early for the best seating. Bring Your Own Chairs; popcorn, candy, hot dogs and soft drinks will be available for purchase at the Meeting House tent.
7/13- The Greatest Showman
7/20 - The Grinch (2018)
7/27 – Raiders of the Lost Ark
8/3 - Incredibles 2
8. STEWART TEAM REAL ESTATE PARTNERS GRAND OPENING - We are SO EXCITED to be moving to our newly renovated location on 405 Main Street! Join us for a Grand Opening Celebration on August 1 from 4:30-8:30 p.m. at the new office. We hope to see many of you there!
Our team is excited (as we are every year) for all of the events that Downtown Rochester puts together each year. All of these events serve as a reminder of the close, incredible, and unique community that we live in.